Hungry Bear and I are almost done moving. It's been non-stop packing, unpacking, organizing, purging, contractors coming and going, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming and crying... we can't wait to finish so we can finally enjoy the renovated digs. The first SND in the new kitchen is this coming Sunday and we're going to prepare a major feast to celebrate!
Over the last few months, we've had many great Sunday nite dinners. Sometimes I took pictures and other times I just wanted to eat and not bother with documenting the meal. Who wants to carry around camera equipment, a tripod and a lighting rig all the time? I'm kidding about the lighting. Although, I would bring my own lights if it weren't such a hassle.
In the slideshow, you'll see a roundup of SND meals going back to January. For some reason (waiting for recipes, bad lighting, awful photographer... me) or other, I haven't shared these meals until now.
Mexican at Deb and Brennan's (January 7)
- Vegetarian Tortilla Soup
- Caesar Salad with Chili-Cilantro Dressing
- Turkey Enchiladas
- Crème Caramel
Chinese Hot Pot at Jane and Mark's (January 27)
- Chinese Hot Pot (beef, lamb, chicken, tofu, meatballs, spinach, mushrooms, etc.)
- Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Hawaiian at Tracie and Eric's (February 16)
- Japanese/Hawaiian-Style Potato Salad
- Salmon Tofu Salad - tofu, salmon, onions, tomatoes, watercress, and bean sprouts with a soy sauce-based sauce
- Broiled Sushi - crab, mayo, plain yogurt wrapped with nori
- Steamed Dungeness Crabs
- Lemon Cream Napoleon
- Butter Mochi with Coconut Milk
Simple Sardines at Jane and Mark's (March 2)
- Grilled Sardines with a French baguette
- Mixed Green Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes
Sorry for not including any recipes. I'm hoping to get back on a normal posting routine shortly. I'll leave you with a picture of our new range. The next Sunday nite dinner has to take advantage of all the new features (pot filler, wok grate, griddle, savory oven and sweet oven). We're thinking a pasta course, a stir-fry, a big roast and a baked dessert. Any suggestions on what to make?
[tags]roundup, soup, enchiladas, chinese, hawaiian, mexican, sardines[/tags]